Over the past month, our inbox here at ReFocus has been filling up with requests for opportunities to learn more about how to connect churches and congregations in intentional intergenerational community. We are excited to share with you two events happening this fall that provide a chance to do just that.
Generational Discipleship in the Age of Covid
ReFocus is excited to partner with Center for Congregations to offer this workshop available at two different times.
Intergenerational ministry encompasses the whole congregation, all generations, in communal and corporate contexts of friendship, mentorship, discipleship, and relationship. It is at its heart, a cultural characteristic of a congregation rather than a specific ministry area; it is a culture that values and creates space for meaningful connections to be made across generational boundaries in a variety of settings for the purpose of generational discipleship, faith formation, and community building. In this live online workshop, we will explore the implications of intergenerational relationships on our congregation, our community, and our homes as well as the impact COVID-19 has had on our approaches to generational discipleship.
This workshop is best for Christian congregations interested in intergenerational faith formation and discipleship. For more information, go to https://centerforcongregations.org/workshop/generational-discipleship-age-covid
DATE & TIME
Wednesday, October 13 | REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP
1:30 PM – 3 PM EST
Thursday, October 21 | REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP
10:30 AM – 12 PM EST
ReConnect: A Webinar for Generational Connections
Ready to Start Connecting Generations, Not Sure Where to Begin?
ReFocus Ministry is pleased to present a four-part webinar series on generational discipleship and connection for churches interested in exploring intergenerational ministry both in their church and in their homes. Each session will focus on a unique aspect of gathering generations together, both the challenges and opportunities, as well as practical tips to begin implementing now during this time away from regular church gatherings.
- Session 1 – ReConnect. This first session of the webinar focuses on defining generations, generation gap, and the need for generational discipleship in your church. This is the “What” behind generational discipleship.
- Session 2 – ReGenerate. This session focuses on the the research, the reasons, and the heart behind connecting generations from both a secular and spiritual viewpoint. This is the “Why” behind generational discipleship.
- Session 3 – ReProduce. This session offers practical tips, strategies, and ideas to being connecting generations in your faith community and in homes in meaningful, lasting, life-changing ways. This is the “How” behind generational discipleship.
- Session 4 – ReLease. It’s time to go and do! This session will provide a discussion and debrief around the questions, “What? So What? Now What?” and give you and starting point for incorporating generational discipleship as a meaningful part of your faith community. This is the “Who” behind generational discipleship at your church and in your home!
Anyone registered for all four sessions will receive a FREE half-hour coaching session/follow-up specific to your ministry needs.
For more information and to purchase your ticket, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reconnect-a-webinar-for-generational-connections-tickets-185848597157 or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/1020287428749254
We hope that you can join us for one or both of these opporunties to learn and grow together! Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have or ideas for future webinars, seminars, or trainings.
For more information about…
- Kids in Worship
- Determining which Type of Family Ministry model works best for your church
- Discipleship in Intergenerational community
- Encouraging the continued conversation through Practical Discipleship at Home
- Seminars, Workshops, Coaching
About this Blog
Refocus Ministry was started by Christina Embree, wife to Pastor Luke, mom to three wonderful kids, and church planter at Plowshares BIC. She also serves as the Minister of Generational Discipleship with the Great Lakes Conference of the Brethren in Christ.
With years of experience in family ministry and children’s ministry, she is passionate about seeing churches partnering with families to encourage faith formation at home and equipping parents to disciple their kids in the faith. She recently graduated with a Masters of Arts in Ministry focusing on Family, Youth and Children’s Ministry at Wesley Seminary, she also blogs at www.refocusministry.org and is a contributing blogger at D6 Family, ChurchLeaders.com, and Seedbed.